Neighbourhood Plans – what stage is your community at?
Here’s a brief summary of how neighbourhood plans throughout the Vale of White Horse are progressing:
Live area designation publicity period:
Plans that have been adopted:
- Drayton – adopted on 15 July 2015 following a Yes vote at a referendum on 12 March 2015.
- Great Coxwell – adopted on 15 July 2015 following a Yes vote at a referendum on 12 March 2015.
- Longworth - adopted on 12 October 2016 following a Yes vote at a referendum 18 August 2016.
- Blewbury - adopted on 14 December 2016 following a Yes vote at a referendum on 24 November 2016.
- Faringdon - adopted on 14 December 2016 following a Yes vote at a referendum on 24 November 2016.
Plans under consideration:
- Wantage – Will not proceed to referendum at this stage. We’re now working together with Wantage Town Council to get the project finished – there is more detail in our press release.
Plans for which the neighbourhood area has been designated:
- Stanford in the Vale – area approved April 2014.
- East Hanney – area approved June 2015.
- North Hinksey – area approved June 2015.
- Radley – area approved June 2015. The pre-submission stage draft plan consultation is currently running until 10 February 2017.
- West Hanney – area approved June 2015
- Steventon - area approved December 2015.
- Shrivenham – area approved July 2015.
- Appleton with Eaton - area approved June 2016.
- Ashbury - area approved September 2016.
- Sunningwell - area approved July 2016.
- East Challow - area approved November 2016.
- Cumnor - area approved January 2017.
- Sutton Courtenay - area approved January 2017.
- Uffington and Baulking - area approved March 2017.
Areas where neighbourhood plans are no longer progressing:
- Charney Bassett – area approved December 2013. The parish council and Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group have decided to progress with a Community Led Plan and not a Neighbourhood Plan.
Last reviewed: 28 - 04 - 2017