Skip to content

What is Housing benefit?

If you don’t earn enough to afford it yourself, housing benefit can help you pay your rent.

It is paid for by the government, but you need to apply to us.

Housing benefit is ‘means-tested’ – the amount you are entitled to claim depends on your income and capital.

There’s more information on the government’s website.

To find out if you are able to claim housing benefit please see Who can claim housing benefit.

Contact us - Benefits

0345 302 2315
(Text phone users add 18001 before dialing)

Vale of White Horse District Council
PO Box 880