Discretionary revaluation relief
This will be provided for over four years 2017-2021 to support businesses nationally. The amount of relief provided will gradually reduce over this four-year period. New criteria and guidance notes are set annually.
The award of this relief must comply with EU law on State Aid. For further information on State Aid law
- Relief will not be awarded to precepting bodies (i.e. County, District or Parish Councils).
- Applications will not be invited from banks, building societies or other major financial institutions.
- Applications will not be invited from multi-national businesses or large chains.
- Applications will not be invited from the NHS.
- Applications will not be invited from charities.
If you think you are eligible for the discretionary rate relief, please contact the business rates team.