Cabinet changes at the Vale
Released 24 August 2020
Cllr Emily Smith, Leader of Vale of White Horse District Council, has made some changes to the council’s Cabinet.
She said: “We’ve now been leading Vale of White Horse District Council for just over a year, and having established ourselves I am making some changes to the way cabinet responsibilities are organised.
“The new cabinet roles will work across different departments in the council and will help us focus on strengthening and improving the places in which we all live and work. This will help us put residents, communities and the climate emergency at the heart of all our decisions.
“With this more collaborative approach to decision making I hope to encourage closer teamwork to help drive forward our administration’s priorities for the council and help us have more influence on local and national agendas.”
The new cabinet positions below are effective from 1 September.
- Councillor Emily Smith: Council Leader
- Councillor Debby Hallett: Deputy Council Leader and Corporate services and transformation
- Councillor Andy Crawford: Finance and corporate assets
- Councillor Neil Fawcett: Strategic partnerships and place
- Councillor Helen Pighills: Healthy communities
- Councillor Judy Roberts: Development and infrastructure
- Councillor Bethia Thomas: Community engagement
- Councillor Catherine Webber: Climate emergency and environment