Skip to content

Pest control

The council does not provide any pest control services and has no legal duty to do so or to treat infestations of pests.  The only statutory duty the council has is to serve notices on the owners or occupiers of properties or land that are infested, requiring them to get rid of the infestation in a specified timescale. 

If you have identified a potential rodent infestation in your home, it is the property/land owners responsibility to address the problem.

If you need any pest treatment, you will need to find and pay for your own private pest contractor. We recommend you look at the British Pest Control Association website or the National Pest Control Association for more guidance and to find a local pest controller.

Information on bees

If you believe you have a swarm of honey bees or need help with identification, you can visit the British Bee Keepers Association – they can provide advice on a local bee keeper, who may be able to collect the bees from you.

Contact us - Environmental Protection

01235 422403
(Text phone users add 18001 before dialing)

Vale of White Horse District Council
Environmental Protection Team
Abbey House
Abbey Close
OX14 3JE