How much you need to pay
The amount you need to pay for a premises licence or club premises certificate depends on the rateable value of your premises. This is set by the valuation office.
Non-domestic rateable value:
- Band A: £0 – 4,300
- Band B: £4,301 – £33,000
- Band C: £33,001 – £87,000
- Band D: £87,001 – £125,000
- Band E: £125,001 and over
If your premises is in Bands D (x2 basic fee) and E (x3 basic fee) then a multiplier will apply if it is exclusively or primarily in the business of supplying alcohol.
Based on the above bands, here are the application and annual fees you will have to pay:
Application fees – for a new premises licence, club premises certificate, and for variations
- Band A: £100
- Band B: £190
- Band C: £315
- Band D: £450 or £900 if premises are used exclusively or primarily for the supply of alcohol
- Band E: £635 or £1,905 if premises are used exclusively or primarily for the supply of alcohol
New or variation applications for premises licences and club premises certificates where the capacity of the premises will exceed 5,000 are subject to additional fees. Please see Regulation 4(4) and 4(5) of the Licensing Act 2003 (Fees) Regulations 2005 for details.
Community buildings are exempt from paying an application fee, provided there is no sale of alcohol or late night refreshment. For more information, please contact the Licensing Team.
Annual fees – paid by the licence or certificate holder
- Band A: £70
- Band B: £180
- Band C: £295
- Band D: £320 or £640 if premises are used exclusively or primarily for the supply of alcohol
- Band E: £350 or £1,050 if premises are used exclusively or primarily for the supply of alcohol
Where the capacity of the premises exceeds 5,000 the holder of the licence or certificate must pay an additional fee. Please see Regulation 4(4) and 4(5) of the Licensing Act 2003 (Fees) Regulations 2005 for details.
Please note that a failure to pay the annual fee may result in the suspension of the premises licence or club premises certificate.
- Minor variation of premises licence or club premises certificate – £89
- Application to vary licence to specify individual as premises supervisor – £23
- Application to transfer premises licence – £23
- Interim Authority Notice – £23
- Notice of interest in any premises – £21
- Application for copy of licence, certificate, summary or TEN due to theft or loss – £10.50
- Notification of change of name or address (personal or premises licence) – £10.50
- Notification of change of name or alteration of club rules – £10.50
- Change of relevant registered address of club – £10.50