May 2015 Election Results
Oxford West and Abingdon Constituency
- Nicola Blackwood – Conservative – 26,153
- Sally Copley – Labour – 7,274
- Mike Foster – The Socialist Party of Great Britain – 66
- Alan Harris – UKIP – 3,963
- Layla Moran – Liberal Democrat – 16,571
- Helen Salisbury – National Health Action Party – 723
- Larry Sanders – Green – 2,497
Turnout – 75.3%
Formal declaration of results for Oxford West and Abingdon
- Alex Meredith – Liberal Democrat – 7,611
- Kate Prendergast – Green – 2,986
- Lee Upcraft – UKIP – 7,288
- Ed Vaizey – Conservative – 31,092
- Stephen Webb – Labour – 9,343
Turnout – 70.3%
Formal declaration of results for Wantage
Explaining constituency boundaries
For the parliamentary election the area or constituency that an elected person represents can go across typical district boundaries.
The Oxford West and Abingdon constituency is split between Oxford City and the Vale of White Horse. As most of the area is in the Vale we are responsible for running the election. However the City Council is still responsible for electoral registration for residents in Oxford West part of the constituency.
The Wantage constituency is split between South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Council. As most of the area is in the Vale we are responsible for running the election. However residents living in the South Oxfordshire part of the constituency will still register to vote with their district council.