Move Together is a county wide initiative co-ordinated by Active Oxfordshire and district councils across Oxfordshire that provides personalised support for people with long term health conditions, such as diabetes as well as those who have been affected by Covid-19 to get active.
A wide range of support and activity choice is available, including home activity packs, phone calls, community activities, exercise sessions for specific conditions, digital apps and much more.
The following activities are taking place across the district please contact the Active Communities team about the classes unless another contact is given:
- Keep fit and mobile: 10.15-11.15am Old Mill Wantage, OX12 7LB £6 a session
- Walking Football: Faringdon Leisure Centre 8-9pm. Sessions are £4 and open to men and women of all abilities. Please contact the Active Communities team to book
- Keep fit and mobile: Didcot Civic Hall 10.15-11.15am. Can be seated or standing for all abilities. £6 a session with tea and coffee afterwards
- Wellbeing Dance: a fun and social dance class to improve balance, flexibility and coordination. Easy to follow moves for all abilities. Blewbury Village Hall – Tuesdays 10-11am from 7 February to 14 March. First session free, then £5 a class. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to book!
- Walking Tennis: White Horse Leisure and Tennis Centre – 10am – Sue: Sue.Auger@GLL.ORG
- Gentle Yoga: West Hendred Village Hall – 10am – Contact Linda: email@example.com
- Fit and Mobile 50+: Wootton and Dry Sandford Hall 10.30am, £6 a session
- Walking Tennis: Wantage Tennis Club, Memorial Park, Manor Rd, Wantage OX12 8DW Thursdays starting 3 November 12.30-1.30pm free for Move Together participants – Andy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seated Zumba: Sunningwell Village Hall – 10.30am
The cost for many of the classes and activities are subsidised through the Move Together pathway.
If you would like to speak to one of the Active Communities team about how Move Together can help you, please email email@example.com
You can find more information about Move Together on the Active Oxfordshire website.
GO Active Gold helps those aged 55 and over to live more active lifestyles by setting up physical activities for all abilities in rural areas.
To find out more click on the button below
Contact us - Active Communities
(Text phone users add 18001 before dialing)
Vale of White Horse District Council