The Planning Policy Team is responsible for preparing, monitoring, advising on and reviewing planning policy in the Vale.
- We are currently undertaking a Call for Sites exercise which is running for 8 weeks and concludes on 29 May. Further information can be found here.
- Consultation on a draft revised Statement of Community Involvement concluded on 9 April. Further information can be found here.
- The final publication version of Local Plan 2031 Part 2, the Appendix and Adopted Policies Maps are now available and can be accessed here.
- Local Plan 2031 Part 2 was adopted by Full Council on Wednesday 9 October 2019. The Council issued a press release to announce this - you can read it . All associated documents from the adoption of the Plan can be accessed here.
- The Authority Monitoring Report 2018/19 has been published. You can view the report here.
- The Local Development Scheme can be viewed
- The Brownfield Land Register is available to view and download from our website. Details can be viewed here.
- The five year housing land supply statement can be accessed
The Local Development Scheme
Please note that planning policy relating to minerals and waste matters is the responsibility of Oxfordshire County Council.
Planning Policy Bulletins
Planning Policy Bulletins provide a brief outline of the work we will be doing over the coming months.
Adopted Policies Map
In February 2019 we agreed to make a factual correction to the Adopted Policies Map for the Local Plan 2031 Part 1, relating to the boundary of the Green Belt at North Hinksey Village. The decision to amend the correction was challenged at the High Court. The challenge was dismissed by the High Court, which means that, where appropriate, we can correct errors on an adopted policies map without having to resort to the development plan process.
The judgement can be found at: www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Admin/2019/3080.html
Notable correspondence between the Leader and Deputy Leader of Vale of White Horse District Council with the Secretary of State, MHCLG, Leader of Oxfordshire County Council and Leader of South Oxfordshire District Council can be found here.
Last reviewed: 16 - 04 - 2020