The Planning Policy Team is responsible for preparing, monitoring, advising on and reviewing planning policy in the Vale.
- Local Plan 2031 Part 2 was adopted by Full Council on Wednesday 9 October 2019. The Council issued a press release to announce this, you can read it .
- Local Plan 2031 Part 2 and the Adoption Statement can be accessed .
- The Council provided their joint consultation response to proposed reforms to permitted development rights to support the deployment of 5G and extend mobile coverage, on 4 November 2019. The response can be viewed
- The Leader of Vale of White Horse District Council wrote a to the Leader of South Oxfordshire District Council on 2 October.
- Meetings to consider Local Plan Part 2 will be held on the following dates: 4 October 2019 (Cabinet) and 9 October 2019 (Council)
- The Deputy Leader of Vale of White Horse District Council received a letter from the Secretary of State for Transport on 2 September 2019. The letter can be viewed
- The Deputy Leader of Vale of White Horse District Council received a letter from MHCLG in September 2019 regarding Oxford's unmet housing need. The letter can be viewed
- The Leader of Vale of White Horse District Council responded on 22 August to the letter they received from the Leader of Oxfordshire County Council on 31 July. The letter can be viewed .
- The Deputy Leader of Vale of White Horse District Council wrote to the Leader of South Oxfordshire District Council on 9 August 2019. The letter can be viewed
- The Deputy Leader of Vale of White Horse District Council wrote to the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government on 6 August 2019. The letter can be viewed
- The Leader of Vale of White Horse District Council received a letter from the Leader of Oxfordshire County Council on 31 July 2019. The letter can be viewed .
- The Planning Inspector issued his final report on Local Plan 2031 Part 2 (LPP2) to the Council on 25 June 2019. The Inspector’s report concludes that the Plan is ‘Sound’. A copy of the Inspector’s Report and Appendix that contains the Schedule of Main Modifications can be viewed and accessed here.
- The Schedule of Proposed Draft Main Modifications Consultation closed on 1 April 2019. The comments were forwarded to the Inspector for his consideration. Details can be viewed here.
- The Council submitted Local Plan 2031 Part 2: Detailed Policies and Additional Sites to the Secretary of State on 23 February 2018. Details can be viewed here.
- The Local Development Scheme has been updated and can be viewed
- The Brownfield Land Register is now available to view and download from our website. Details can be viewed here.
- The latest Authority Monitoring Report has been published. You can view the report here.
- Full Council adopted the Local Plan 2031 Part 1: Strategic Sites and Policies on 14 December 2016. Details can be viewed here.
- An assessment of saved Local Plan polices and their consistency with the Revised National Planning Policy Framework has been published. You can view the report
Planning for infrastructure
The CIL Charging Schedule was adopted by Council on 27 September 2017, and the schedule and other key documents will be implemented from 1 November 2017.
Any application decided on or after 1 November 2017 will be liable to pay CIL, regardless of when the application was submitted.
The CIL Charging Schedule should be read alongside our Developer Contributions SPD, which provides guidance on how CIL will work alongside S106/S278 agreements.
Adoption follows the examination of our CIL Charging Schedule.
Further information and details can be found below:
The Local Development Scheme
Please note the planning policy relating to minerals and waste matters is the responsibility of Oxfordshire County Council.
Here are some more pages about our work
- Vale of White Horse Local Plan
- Delivering Infrastructure
- News on the Strategic Housing Market Assessment
- Housing supply statement
- Saved policies from the Local Plan 2011
- Local Plan 2011
- Community Infrastructure Levy
- Neighbourhood plans
- Supporting documents and older information
- Supplementary planning documents
- Supplementary planning guidance
- Statement of Community Involvement
Last reviewed: 16 - 12 - 2019