The Planning Policy Team is responsible for preparing, monitoring, advising on and reviewing planning policy in the Vale.
- The draft Local Plan Part 2 Consultation was launched on Thursday 9 March 2017 and will run until 5pm on Thursday 4 May 2017. Comments are invited from residents, people working in the district, businesses and all stakeholders. You can view the documents and comment .
Full Council adopted the Local Plan 2031 Part 1: Strategic Sites and Policies on 14 December 2016. Details can be viewed here.
Planning for infrastructure
The CIL Examination was due to take place on 23 February 2017 (with 24 February held in reserve for continuation if required). After careful consideration we have decided to postpone the CIL Examination hearing. Postponing the hearing will enable us to take full account of the 48 responses received during the latest round of consultations, and to carefully consider if we wish to propose any further modifications.
Alongside the updated CIL documents, we also consulted on a draft Developer Contributions Supplementary Planning Document (SPD). This document sets out the Council’s proposed approach to collecting infrastructure contributions through CIL and Section 106. The Council is now reviewing the feedback ahead of updating and finalising the SPD
Further information and details can be found below:
The Local Development Scheme
Please note the planning policy relating to minerals and waste matters is the responsibility of Oxfordshire County Council.
Here are some more pages about our work
- Vale of White Horse Local Plan
- Delivering Infrastructure
- News on the Strategic Housing Market Assessment
- Housing supply statement
- Saved policies from the Local Plan 2011
- Local Plan 2011
- Community Infrastructure Levy
- Neighbourhood plans
- Supporting documents and older information
- Supplementary planning documents
- Supplementary planning guidance
- Statement of Community Involvement
Last reviewed: 09 - 03 - 2017