Skip to content

If you rent a caravan or boat, or have been on Housing Benefit since 2008

If you rent a caravan or boat, and your rent includes meals and other services (e.g. cleaning), or you rent a private property and have received Housing Benefit continually (without a break) since 7 April 2008, each year we will ask the Rent Officer to decide if the rent for your property is reasonable

When we do this we will take into account the number of people in your household and rental prices for the area where you live.

For more information about the work of Rent officers please see the government website.