Skip to content

Care and nursing homes

If you need specialist or nursing care, moving to a care home may be the best option.  Different homes provide various levels of care – so you will need to check what they do before you move in.

For more information on current care home vacancies you will need to contact Oxfordshire County Council or call them on 01865 792422.

Extra care housing

Like sheltered housing, this is where you live in your own accommodation with added security but with extra care and support on site 24 hours a day.  The housing is primarily for people aged over 55 but occasionally younger people can qualify.

To qualify for extra care housing, you will need to:

  • Be on the housing register
  • Assessed as having a housing need
  • Qualify for domiciliary care needs – assessed by Oxfordshire County Council

If you own your own home, you will usually only be considered for shared ownership properties. 

To be considered, you must complete an extra care application provided by the landlord or care provider of each scheme. 

Our housing team can talk you through the process in more detail to help you consider the best options. 

Contact us - Housing lettings

01235 422436
(Text phone users add 18001 before dialing)