Skip to content

Transfer a premises licence

If you wish to transfer your licence to another holder, you can transfer the premises licence. This process costs £23.

This will only change who the premises licence holder is but will not change the licence in any other way.

If the transfer results in a change of food business operator, you will need to ensure the new operator registers as a food business.

For details on how we use data relating to licence holders and applicants, please see our privacy notice for licence holders and applicants.

How to transfer a premises licence

The individual who wishes to become the new premises licence holder must complete an application to transfer a premises licence

The current licence holder must complete a licence transfer consent form

Individual applicants and applications from partnerships which are not limited liability partnerships must also provide documentary evidence they have the right to work in the UK. Guidance Note 2 at the end of the application form details the documents which can be provided – either copies or scanned copies (they do not need to be certified copies).

The proposed new licence holder should then submit all of the above, along with the premises licence, or relevant part of it, through our Online Application Portal.

Alternatively, you can email the completed application and consent form to and copy this email to and We will then contact you by telephone to collect payment. Please note that the application is not complete until payment has been taken. 

For online/email applications, the premises licence can be returned by post (please ensure the premises keeps a copy of the licence at the site). 

If you do not have access to email, you can post your application with the fee to Licensing Team, Vale of White Horse District Council at the below address. You must also send a copy of the application form and consent form to Licensing Officer, Thames Valley Police, Headquarters (South), Kidlington, OX5 2NX, and the same to Alcohol Licensing Team, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR9 2BY. Cheques should be made payable to Vale of White Horse District Council.

Once they have received the application, Thames Valley Police and Home Office (Immigration Enforcement) have 14 days in which they can submit an objection to the transfer.

If we don’t receive an objection, we aim to issue the licence within ten working days of the closing date.

Contact us - Licensing

01235 422556
(Text phone users add 18001 before dialing)

Vale of White Horse District Council
Abbey House
Abbey Close
OX14 3JE