Animal Welfare Licensing
** For information on the bird flu outbreak in the UK please head to our Animal Welfare licences page**
The list below defines the separate licensable activities. If you are carrying out more than one of these activities, you need to include the additional fee as part of your application:
- Boarding cats
- Breeding dogs
- Boarding kennels for dogs
- Home boarding for dogs
- Day care for dogs
- Selling animals as pets
- Hiring out horses
- Exhibiting animals
If you’d like to apply for one of the above licences, please complete this online form.
- Application fee – £476.50 (plus £143.50 for each additional activity)
- Licence issue fee – £98.00 (plus £21.00 for each additional activity)
We will arrange vet inspections and invoice this separately from these fees for breeding dogs, selling animals as pets, hiring out horses and exhibiting animals.
This includes businesses already operating under the old licensing scheme.
- Renewal fee – £378.50 (plus £139.00 for each additional activity)
We will arrange vet inspections and invoice this separately from these fees for hiring out horses and exhibiting animals.
If your current licence lapses, you will need to apply and pay for a new application. Please allow up to 10 weeks for your renewal application to be processed and the new licence to be issued.
- Rescore inspection fee – £269.50 (when requested by the operator)
- Variation of licence fee – £125.00 (when requested by the operator due to changes to their business)
Dangerous Wild Animals*
- New Application – £320.50
- Renewal – £223.50
- New Application – £1,377.50 (Licence valid for four years)
- Renewal – £1,393.00 (Licence valid for six years)
*Vet inspection will be arranged by the council and invoiced separately.
Contact us - Environmental Protection
(Text phone users add 18001 before dialing)
Vale of White Horse District Council
Environmental Protection Team