Supplementary Planning Guidance
Supplementary Planning Guidance supplement and give more details on specific policies included in Local Plans. They should be read in conjunction with the Local Plan and can be taken into account as a material consideration in determining planning applications. Furthermore the Secretary of State will give them substantial weight in making decisions that come before him.
The council adopted Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG) for the following:
District Wide SPGs (adopted 20 July 2006):
Site Specific SPGs (also adopted 20 July 2006):
- White Horse Business Park, Stanford in the Vale
- Curtis Industrial Estate and Hinksey Business Centre, Botley
- Land between A420 and Faringdon, North of Park Road, Faringdon
- Former Airfield West of Grove
- Grove Technology Park, Grove
- Kingston Business Park, Kingston Bagpuize
Please see our SPD webpage for details regarding Supplementary Planning Documents.
Planning Advisory Notes
Planning advisory notes can be used as guidance when making a planning application. The notes were previously adopted as supplementary planning guidance alongside the now superseded Local Plan to 2001. They can no longer be supplementary planning guidance as they have not been subjected to formal Local Plan public consultation, though they contain some information that is still useful and relevant to development control in determining planning applications.
The Planning Advisory Notes are:
- Telecommunications Apparatus
- Clay Pigeon Shoots
- Landscape Strategy
- North Vale Corallian Ridge
- House Conversion to Flats
- Shop fronts and Advertisements
- New Residential Design Guide
- Access for people with impaired mobility