Supplementary Planning Documents
The Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) are intended to expand upon policy or provide further detail to policies in development plan documents. They can demonstrate through illustrations, text and practical examples how policies can be taken forward. Supplementary Planning Documents were previously called Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPGs) – see our page on Supplementary Planning Guidance for details about the Vale’s adopted SPGs.
In March 2021 the Council committed to progressing a new Joint Local Plan 2041 with South Oxfordshire District Council, as set out in our Joint Local Development Scheme, this also includes details of those SPDs the Council is committed to progressing. As the Council is focussing on progressing the Joint Local Plan, we are therefore currently holding off with progressing some previously planned Supplementary Planning Documents, which includes the Comprehensive Development of Harwell Campus, Comprehensive Development of Grove, and Self and Custom Build.
Further SPDs include:
- Joint Design Guide (2022)
- Abbey Shopping Centre and Charter Area SPD
- Botley Centre Supplementary Planning Document
- Developer Contributions – Delivering Infrastructure to Support Development SPD
- Dalton Barracks Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
- Various Conservation Area Appraisals available on our conservation webpages.