Are you likely to get planning permission?
Are you thinking of carrying out some building improvements or works on your home? If the works need planning permission, we can let you know if we think it is likely that you will get permission.
Why should you do this?
- This advice can help you improve your planning application and give it a better chance of succeeding, and it can help make the process quicker.
- It can save you time and money by advising you against an application that is unlikely to be allowed.
We also offer a pre-application advice service if you’re unsure whether you will need to provide detailed tree reports for your proposed development.
- We will consider all pre-application advice requests, and the advice itself, as confidential until you put in a related planning application – the advice will then be published on our website alongside your planning application.
- The advice we give you will be taken into consideration as part of any related planning application, but it is not a formal decision on its own, and it does not commit us to make any particular decision on your planning application.
- If you submit a planning application that doesn’t take on board pre-application advice we have given you, we are likely to refuse the application without any further conversation.