Residents or owners of domestic properties in the district pay council tax to directly contribute towards the costs of council services. As well as collecting its own element of the council tax, this council also collects on behalf of Oxfordshire County Council, Thames Valley Police Authority and your local town/parish council. Oxfordshire County Council also collect levy on behalf of the .
The amount of council tax you pay depends on:
- Where in the district you live
- the value of your property, based on values at 1 April 1991
- your personal circumstances.
For more information please see:
- find out how much your council tax bill is
- how we work out your council tax bill
- where your money goes
- paying your bill
- sign up to receive your council tax bill by email
- sign up to receive SMS reminders
- working out whether you qualify for a discount
- how to make a council tax appeal
For complaints about council tax please use the contact details on the right.
Change of address or other circumstances
Please let us know if you have moved house, changed your name, or have other changes in your circumstances. This will help us to contact you and to keep our records up to date. It is important to inform us when you move house so we can bill you correctly for your Council Tax.
My Vale Local Search
Use the My Vale Local Search to find information about council services in the area, such as council tax rates. Search by postcode or town/village.
Last reviewed: 08 - 05 - 2013