Disruption to services and new collection vehicles on their way
The current waste and recycling vehicles are nearing the end of their life and our contractor, Biffa, is experiencing problems with breakdowns and faults which is affecting some services. We are working with Biffa to ensure that collections are kept on track as much as possible.
If all the bins in your street have not been emptied on your collection day, please do not submit a missed bin report - simply leave your bin out and we will collect it the next day.
The good news is that a brand new fleet of collection vehicles is on its way, which will help Biffa and us deliver the high standard of service that you expect and deserve. See news for more information.
If you still need to report a missed collection, please follow the steps that follow.
Report a missed rubbish, recycling or garden waste collection.
You can report a missed collection directly to Biffa (see below), but please only contact them if you put your rubbish/recycling out before 7am on the morning of your collection.
If you put your collection out late and missed the collection round, you will need to either take your rubbish/recycling in and put it out again during the next scheduled collection of that bin, or take it to one of .
Before reporting a missed collection:
- don't forget, collection days may change over bank holidays. Check to see if your day has changed.
- a different crew collect some bulky household waste like electrical items, so these might be collected separately.
- check to see if our crew have placed a tag on your bin explaining why it wasn't collected.
To report a missed bin:
- report a missed bin online
- call 03000 610610 by 5pm the following day
- email firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight
Missed bin policy
- Where a report is received before the end of the next working day, the material will be collected the following working day (including Saturdays).
- If a bin is reported as missed after the end of the next working day following the scheduled collection day, the contractor will not go back and empty.
Last reviewed: 04 - 09 - 2017