Food Network Grant Scheme
Now open – Closing for applications midday 28 June 2023
The Food Network Grant Scheme offers support to local food network partners to enable continued and vital food support for our residents.
How much is available and what for?
£2,500 per application is available to help with the purchase of food, fuel and other essential supplies.
- Purchase of food supplies and essential supplies such as household cleaning products, toiletries, consumables either for distribution to residents or for use by the organisation to ensure the safe provision of goods to residents.
- Purchase of additional equipment to store and supply food
- Energy bills at the premises of the food larder/bank
- Travel costs for distributing food supplies
Please note we can also fund eligible retrospective costs from December 2022 onwards.
Who can apply?
The scheme is open to constituted and not for profit community and voluntary organisations, community interest companies or non-profit organisations who are based in the district and help residents with food support in the district.
- Food banks
- Community fridges
- Food larders
- Food organisations who redistribute surplus food across South and Vale
Please read our funding guidelines for further examples of the projects we can fund.
Who cannot apply?
- Profit-based businesses (private businesses)
- Political parties and lobbying groups
- Religious bodies where the monies will be used for religious purposes or religious buildings
- Town and Parish Councils
- Community groups not formally constituted
- Groups who are not food banks, larders or networks.
- Groups whose main aim and purpose is not the provision of food for residents in financial need
- Groups who do not support residents in the district.
These lists are not exhaustive, and the council’s decision is final.
The council is committed to promoting equality and diversity and welcomes applications from organisations representing minority or vulnerable groups. We encourage all applicants to make their projects as inclusive and accessible to all as possible.
If you need any of our documents in a different format please email email@example.com
Get in touch
After reviewing our grant policy, we would welcome any questions about the scheme and whether you, your organisation or the project are eligible, so please do drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.