Selling to the council – current contracts
We buy goods and services from a variety of contractors, ranging from someone who is self-employed to national organisations.
To provide cost-effective services for our residents we often operate a joint procurement process and award joint contracts with South Oxfordshire District Council.
Our new procurement strategy establishes the rules to be followed in the procurement of goods works and services.
The aims of the procurement strategy are
- to bring value for money to the forefront of any expenditure when procuring services, goods and works.
- to ensure efficient and economic contracts are in place, that are managed well
to reduce costs and risk within the supply chain
- to ensure council spending contributes to the economic, social, and environmental benefits for our communities
The councils will:
- only procure goods, services, or works when it represents best value to do so
- actively manage all third-party spend to support growth and reduce complexity, cost and risk in the supply chain
- actively manage our suppliers to act in a socially responsible way. (for example, does a supplier pay their staff the living wage)
There are lots of opportunities to supply your services or goods to us, either direct or as a sub-contractor.
If you are interested in selling to the council then please register on the South East Business Portal.
In line with our commitment to transparency, the following documents contain a list of current contracts.