What can your business or workplace do to save costs and act on climate change?
Start your Net Zero journey today
No matter how small your business or what industry you’re in, your commitment could make a real difference – to the planet, to your customers and to your running costs.
By making a few changes, you can also:
- make cost savings from using resources more efficiently, such as cutting energy, water use and waste
- access new markets by developing sustainable products and services
- protect reputation and credibility
- be prepared for future changes and policies which affect your organisation
- attracting staff and improving morale – having a strong ethos of sustainability is increasingly important to employees
Support from the council
The Economic Development team offer support and encouragement to local businesses to help them respond to the challenges of climate change and make their sustainable business thrive. We do this by:
- Providing information about funds to support low carbon enterprises, develop green skills and low carbon infrastructure
- Suggesting ways to cut emissions from digital services
- Encouraging ‘circular economy’ business models
- Engaging businesses with the council’s goal to become a carbon neutral district this decade
We have also partnered with Oxfordshire Greentech to support local businesses to reduce their carbon emissions. Become a member to have access to specialist resources, business promotion, grant funding and more. As the council is a member, you can receive 10 per cent off basic member rates.
Would you like to learn more?
Please contact us using the details below to find out how we can work with you to improve your company’s emissions.