Skip to content

Industrial emissions

Any businesses whose activities could pollute the air, water or land must be regulated. They need an environmental permit, which we will issue to them. The permit explains what they can emit and what they must do to control their emissions.

There are many processes or activities that require a permit – if you have any doubt if it applies to your business, please contact us.

Complete an environmental permit enquiry here.

The kind of businesses we regulate include:

  • petrol service stations
  • dry cleaners
  • foundries and brick crushing sites
  • surface coating and treatment plants
  • manufacturers of timber and rubber products
  • car manufacturing and car spraying plants

Here is a list of all the organisations with environmental permits – the environmental permits public register.

Other industries, such as power stations, are regulated by the Environment Agency and they maintain a public register of their own.

Further information on any agency regulated facility can be found on GOV.UK‘s website.

If you’d like to discuss an environmental permit application or the public register, please contact us.

Contact us - Environmental Protection

Phone icon

01235 422403
(Text phone users add 18001 before dialing)

Address icon

Vale of White Horse District Council
Environmental Protection Team
135 Eastern Avenue
Milton Park
OX14 4SB