Skip to content

Report a workplace health and safety issue

You can submit a report to us if the issue occurred in:

  • offices (except government offices)
  • shops
  • hotels
  • restaurants and cafes
  • leisure premises
  • nurseries and playgroups
  • pubs and clubs
  • sheltered accommodation and care homes

Before you submit a report, it may be possible to put some health and safety problems right without contacting us. You could speak to:

  • the person in charge of the work
  • your employer
  • your union or employee representative

You can submit a report to the Health and Safety Executive if the issue occurred in:

  • factories
  • farms
  • building sites
  • mines
  • schools and colleges
  • fairgrounds
  • gas, electricity and water systems
  • hospitals and nursing homes
  • central and local government premises
  • offshore installations

If your complaint relates any of these workplaces, please report your concerns directly to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).

You may also find it useful to check what an employer should be doing to keep their workplace safe and healthy. You can search for this information by topic or industry on HSE’s website.

Who is is responsible for investigating other health and safety concerns?

Contact us - Food and Workplace Safety

01235 422403
(Text phone users add 18001 before dialing)

Vale of White Horse District Council
Food and Workplace Safety Team
Abbey House
Abbey Close
OX14 3JE