Skip to content

What to do about a dangerous dog

If you are worried about a dangerous dog, please report it directly to Thames Valley Police by completing an online form on their website or by calling the 101, their non-emergency phone number.

A dog could be considered as out of control and dangerous if it:

  • injures someone
  • makes someone worried that it might injure them
  • it attacks someone’s animal
  • the owner of an animal thinks they could be injured if they tried to stop your dog attacking their animal

You can find out more information on dangerous dogs and other animal crimes on the Thames Valley Police website or guidance on how you can control your dog in public on the government’s website.