Local Plan 2031
The Vale of White Horse District’s Local Plan is divided into two parts: Local Plan 2031 Part 1 was adopted at Full Council in December 2016; and Local Plan 2031 Part 2 was adopted by Full Council on Wednesday 9 October 2019.
- Local Plan 2031 Part 1: Strategic Sites and Policies
- Local Plan 2031 Part 1: Strategic Sites and Policies – Appendices
- Local Plan 2031 Part 2: Detailed Policies and Additional Sites
- Local Plan 2031 Part 2: Detailed Policies and Additional Sites – Appendices
The Plan is supported by the Adopted Policies Map
Local Plan 2031 Part 1 sets out the spatial strategy and strategic policies for the district to deliver sustainable development. It identifies the number of new homes and jobs to be provided in the area for the plan period up to 2031. It makes provision for retail, leisure and commercial development and for the infrastructure needed to support them.
Local Plan 2031 Part 2 complements the Part 1 plan and sets out policies and locations for housing for the Vale’s proportion of Oxford’s housing need up to 2031, which cannot be met within the City boundaries. It contains policies for the part of Didcot Garden Town that lies within the Vale of White Horse District, and detailed development management policies to complement the Part 1 plan. It also allocates additional development sites for housing.
The adoption statements for the Part 1 and Part 2 plan can be found below:
- Local Plan Part 1- Adoption Statement
- Local Plan Part 1 – Sustainability Appraisal Adoption Statement
- Local Plan 2031 Part 2 – Adoption Statement
- Local Plan 2031 Part 2 – Sustainability Appraisal Adoption Statement
In preparing the Local Plan, the District Council were informed by numerous documents and pieces of evidence that together form the ‘Evidence Base’ for the examination. There documents can be accessed through the link below: