Trees and planning applications
We take trees into consideration for all planning applications.
If you’re making a planning application, you must explain how you have taken existing tress into consideration and how any new trees will be incorporated.
We also offer a pre-application advice service if you are unsure whether you will need to provide detailed tree reports for your proposed development. Unfortunately this service is temporarily suspended due to staffing levels.
We use a number of plans, policies and guidelines to assess how a development will affect trees, including the following.
- Chapter 15 – Conserving and enhancing the natural environment
- Core Policy 44 – Landscape
- Core Policy 45 – Green Infrastructure
- Core Policy 46 – Conservation and Improvement of Biodiversity
- Core Policy 37 – Design and Local Distinctiveness
- Core Policy 39 – Historic Environment
- Development Policy 33 – Open Space
- Development Policy 37 – Conservation Area
Other useful guidance information can be found in the following links: