Trees and planning applications
We take trees into consideration for all planning applications.
If you’re making a planning application, you must explain how you have taken existing tress into consideration and how any new trees will be incorporated.
We also offer a pre-application advice service if you are unsure whether you will need to provide detailed tree reports for your proposed development.
We use a number of plans, policies and guidelines to assess how a development will affect trees, including the following.
- Chapter 15 – Conserving and enhancing the natural environment
- Core Policy 44 – Landscape
- Core Policy 45 – Green Infrastructure
- Core Policy 46 – Conservation and Improvement of Biodiversity
- Core Policy 37 – Design and Local Distinctiveness
- Core Policy 39 – Historic Environment
- Development Policy 33 – Open Space
- Development Policy 37 – Conservation Area
Other useful guidance information can be found in the following links: