New homes bonus community grant
Constituted not-for-profit organisations can apply for a minimum of £1,000 and up to 50 per cent (budget permitting) of the cost of capital and one-off revenue projects benefitting the community (other eligibility criteria apply).
In 2018/19 we have a NHB budget of £100,000 which we share between three area committees, depending on how many new homes were occupied in each area over a 12 months period.
- Abingdon and North East area - £25,983
- Faringdon and surrounding area - £19,432
- Wantage and surrounding area - £50,585
Click here to view an existing application (including to complete a monitoring or claim form)
Opening dates and advice sessions
- Round one: open for applications 25 April - 6 June 2018 decisions due by 10 August 2018
- Round two (budget permitting): open for applications 11 September - 22 October 2018 decisions due by 5 January 2019
We are holding advice workshops before each opening date giving information on our grants, the application process etc before each round of applications. If you've missed the workshops for this round you can still contact us directly for some advice.
We'll be holding more workshops between 1 and 10 September for the second round of funding. We'll post dates and locations in August on this website, but if you would like to be informed of the workshop dates please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org using 'please inform me when you have more Vale grant workshop dates' as your subject line.
Please note you’ll need to provide the following documents with your application:
- Unless you are buying portable equipment that you could easily move to a different location you must provide copies of your Land Registry evidence of ownership/tenure. If you have a lease you must have ten years left and provide a copy of this as well.
- Your signed constitution or memorandum and articles of association registered at Companies House
- Two quotes (or a professional estimate) for all parts of the project
- Your latest bank statements and balances for all accounts in the organisations name
- Copies of your last two years financial accounts (audited if available) or (for new organisations only) detailed working budgets and financial records since you began operating
- Any permissions required including; planning, listed building, landlord Environment Agency etc
- Minutes from a meeting of your organisation agreeing to make this application, authorising you to make the application on their behalf and authorising two relevant officers/members of the organisation to act as signatory in relation to this grant application and any acceptance forms/agreements relating to it.
- For grants under £10,000 towards mobile equipment evidence of ownership is welcome but not mandatory.
Last reviewed: 13 - 06 - 2018