Information for candidates and election agents
Local Elections are scheduled to take place on Thursday 2 May 2019 for:
If you are interested in standing for election
It's too late to nominate candidates for the elections on on Thursday 2 May. If you have been nominated or you represent somebody who has, you should read the following guidance and advice from The Electoral Commission:
- - outlines what is, and what is not, acceptable behaviour at polling stations and in the community during the lead up to polling day.
To find out what is required from parish councillors, in terms of expectation and commitment, please contact the parish clerk - contact details can be found on our town and parish council pages.
Briefing for candidates and agents
Please click on the following links for information about:
Timetable for the local elections on Thursday 2 May 2019
Friday 12 April
- Last date for voter registration
5pm on Monday 15 April
- Deadline for postal vote applications
Wednesday 24 April
- Publication of Notice of Poll
- Deadline for Proxy vote applications (5pm)
Thursday 2 May
- Polls open - 7am to 10pm
- Verification and district count - from 10pm
Friday 3 May
- Parish count
The timetable is tight and, if you are relying on information coming to you in the post, you may miss a critical deadline.
Information will be added to our distribution list, so we will send it to you as soon as it becomes available. If you do not already have an email address, you are advised to set one up.
Last reviewed: 23 - 04 - 2019