The Local Plan 2031 Part 2: Detailed Policies and Additional Sites - Preferred Options Consultation
Part 1 of our Local Plansets out the 'spatial strategy' and strategic policies for the district to deliver sustainable development. It identifies the number of new homes and jobs to be provided in the area for the plan period up to 2031. It makes provision for retail, leisure and commercial development and for the infrastructure needed to support them.
The Local Plan Part 2:
- sets out policies and locations for housing for the Vale's proportion of Oxford's housing need up to 2031, which cannot be met within the City boundaries
- contains policies for the part of Didcot Garden Town that lies within the Vale of White Horse district
- contains detailed development management policies to complement the Local Plan 2031 Part 1, and which replace the saved policies of the Local Plan 2011
- allocates additional development sites for housing.
View the Draft Local Plan Part 2
You can view the core documents and appendices here:
Evidence base documents
Copies of all other evidence base documents are available to view here:
- The Local Plan 2031 Part 2: Detailed Policies and Additional Sites - Preferred Options: Evidence Base Documents
The core documents and all evidence base documents are also available to view as printed copies at the distribution points listed at the bottom of this page.
List of Saved Local Plan 2011 Policies – 18 April 2017
The table below provides a list of the Saved Policies in the Local Plan 2011 and provides a brief summary of the rational for how these policies are proposed to be updated or replaced. Further information can be found in Topic Papers 3 to 6 that are available to view and access on the Council website at: Local Plan 2031 Part 2: Topic Papers
How to take part in the consultation
The consultation on the draft Local Plan Part 2 is now open and will run until 5pm on Thursday 4 May 2017. Comments are invited from residents, people working in the district, businesses and all stakeholders.
Public events are being held to enable members of the public to meet with Planning Officers and to share their views on the proposals. Please find below a list of the remaining events taking place:
Drop in Exhibitions
- Saturday 18 March 2017, 10am - 2pm: St Helen's Church Centre, Abingdon
- Monday 20 March 2017, 5:30pm - 7:30pm: Public Health England, Harwell Campus
- Tuesday 21 March 2017, 1pm - 6:30pm: Southmoor Village Hall, Kingston Bagpuize
- Saturday 25 March 2017, 10am - 2pm: Vale and Downland Museum, Wantage
- Wednesday 5 April 2017, 1pm - 7pm: Cornerstone, Didcot
Exhibition Boards for the Local Plan 2031 Part 2: Detailed Policies and Additional Sites.
To view the exhibition boards that were used as part of our Local Plan Part 2, Drop in Exhibitions, Please click on the following link:
- Monday 20 March 2017, 6pm - 7:30pm : Public Health England, Harwell Campus
To book a place at the public meeting, please email email@example.com or call 01235 422600
You can comment by:
- providing feedback at our public events
- participating in our online survey by using the following link:
Vale of White Horse LPP2 Preferred Options - Consult (registration is required)
- submitting your comments by email or post using our and the contact details below:
Vale of White Horse District Council
Planning Policy Team
135 Eastern Avenue
Comment forms are also available at our distribution points below.
To take part in the consultation we require your name and address for your comments to be accepted. Your name and comments wil be made available for public viewing so these cannot be treated as confidential.
Last reviewed: 19 - 04 - 2017