The Local Plan 2031 Part 2: Detailed Policies and Additional Sites - Preferred Options Consultation
Part 1 of our Local Plansets out the 'spatial strategy' and strategic policies for the district to deliver sustainable development. It identifies the number of new homes and jobs to be provided in the area for the plan period up to 2031. It makes provision for retail, leisure and commercial development and for the infrastructure needed to support them.
The draft Local Plan Part 2
- sets out policies and locations for housing for the Vale's proportion of Oxford's housing need up to 2031, which cannot be met within the City boundaries
- contains policies for the part of Didcot Garden Town that lies within the Vale of White Horse district
- contains detailed development management policies to complement the Local Plan 2031 Part 1, and which replace the saved policies of the Local Plan 2011
- allocates additional development sites for housing.
Consultation on the draft Local Plan Part 2
The consultation on the draft Local Plan Part 2 closed on Thursday 4 May 2017. We are reviewing the feedback and will publish the responses in due course.
View the Draft Local Plan Part 2
You can view the core documents and appendices here:
Evidence base documents
Copies of all other evidence base documents are available to view here:
- The Local Plan 2031 Part 2: Detailed Policies and Additional Sites - Preferred Options: Evidence Base Documents
The core documents and all evidence base documents are also available to view as printed copies at the distribution points listed at the bottom of this page.
List of Saved Local Plan 2011 Policies – 18 April 2017
The table below provides a list of the Saved Policies in the Local Plan 2011 and provides a brief summary of the rational for how these policies are proposed to be updated or replaced. Further information can be found in Topic Papers 3 to 6 that are available to view and access on the Council website at: Local Plan 2031 Part 2: Topic Papers
The consultation on the draft Local Plan Part 2 ran from 9 March to 4 May 2017. Comments were invited from residents, people working in the district, businesses and all stakeholders.
A number of public events and exhibitions were held. To view the exhibition boards that were used as part of our Local Plan Part 2, Drop in Exhibitions, Please click on the following link: Local Plan 2031 Part 2: Exhibition Boards.
Last reviewed: 04 - 05 - 2017