How to report food hygiene concerns, complaints and food poisoning symptoms
We are always happy to hear about any concerns you have regarding food hygiene from businesses within our district.
We can investigate a range of issues including:
- Foreign bodies in foods
- Poor food hygiene or safety practices
- Poor hand hygiene
- Dirty food premises
- Allergic reactions
- Unfit/unsafe food sold
- Food poisoning symptoms
- Unregistered food businesses
- Food with visible signs or mould or decay
- Undercooked food
- Pets, animals or vermin within kitchens, storerooms or preparation rooms
For details on how to report a concern or complaint for any of these issues, please scroll to the bottom of this page.
The following issues are investigated by our colleagues at Trading Standards:
- Food labelling issues including use by/best before dates
- Allergen labelling
- Vegetarian / Vegan meals containing animal products
- Misleading food claims or descriptions
- Unavailable or incorrect allergen information
- Health claims
For more information, please visit the Oxfordshire Trading Standards website.
Please note – we are not able to investigate these issues ourselves.
We are unable to investigate
- Poor customer service
- Late, missing or incomplete orders
These concerns are best followed up directly with the business concerned.
How to report a concern or complaint
To find out how to submit report please click on the relevant link blow: