Report an accident or health and safety incident in the workplace
Please note – this form is not to be used by businesses reporting accidents required under RIDDOR regulations. Click here to report an accident that is RIDDOR reportable.
You should report workplace accidents or incidents to us if they occur in:
- offices (except government offices)
- restaurants and cafes
- leisure premises
- nurseries and playgroups
- pubs and clubs
- sheltered accommodation and care homes
Before you fill in the form, it may be possible to put some health and safety problems right without contacting us. You could speak to:
- the person in charge of the business
- your employer
- your union or employee representative
You should report workplace accidents or incidents to the Health and Safety Executive if they occur in:
- building sites
- schools and colleges
- gas, electricity and water systems
- hospitals and nursing homes
- central and local government premises
- offshore installations
If the accident or incident occurred in any or these workplaces, please report your concerns directly to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
You may also find it useful to check what an employer should be doing to keep their workplace safe and healthy. You can search for this information by topic or industry on the HSE website.
Who is is responsible for investigating incidents at other workplaces?
- Problems with goods and services bought – visit the Trading Standards website
- Road, highways and pavements – visit the Highways Department website
- Unstable/dangerous buildings – visit our Building Control team’s website
- Roadworthiness of vehicles – visit the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency website
- Railway health and safety – visit the Office of Rail and Road website
Contact us - Food and Workplace Safety
(Text phone users add 18001 before dialing)
Vale of White Horse District Council
Food and Workplace Safety Team