Skip to content

Report an accident or health and safety incident in the workplace

Please note – this form is not to be used by businesses reporting accidents required under RIDDOR regulations. Click here to report an accident that is RIDDOR reportable.

You should report workplace accidents or incidents to us if they occur in:

  • offices (except government offices)
  • shops
  • hotels
  • restaurants and cafes
  • leisure premises
  • nurseries and playgroups
  • pubs and clubs
  • sheltered accommodation and care homes

Before you fill in the form, it may be possible to put some health and safety problems right without contacting us. You could speak to:

  • the person in charge of the business
  • your employer
  • your union or employee representative

You should report workplace accidents or incidents to the Health and Safety Executive if they occur in:

  • factories
  • farms
  • building sites
  • mines
  • schools and colleges
  • fairgrounds
  • gas, electricity and water systems
  • hospitals and nursing homes
  • central and local government premises
  • offshore installations

If the accident or incident occurred in any or these workplaces, please report your concerns directly to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).

You may also find it useful to check what an employer should be doing to keep their workplace safe and healthy. You can search for this information by topic or industry on the HSE website.

Who is is responsible for investigating incidents at other workplaces?

Contact us - Food and Workplace Safety

01235 422403
(Text phone users add 18001 before dialing)

Vale of White Horse District Council
Food and Workplace Safety Team
Abbey House
Abbey Close
OX14 3JE