Following a public consultation, Vale of White Horse District Council’s Cabinet agreed a number of changes to the district’s parking policy at their meeting on Friday 5 February.
You can find out more about the changes on our press release.
The new parking policy started 1 April 2021. Please see the following notices:
- Car park orders – Notice of Making
- Off Street Parking Places – No 1 – ORDER 2021
- Off Street Parking Place – No.2 Order 2021 – Rye Farm and Hales Meadow Abingdon
You can read the Off Street Parking Consultation report by clicking on the button below
The appendix for the Consultation report is available to read by clicking on the next button
What the consultation was about:
We are required to review all car park fees and charges every year to make sure the cost of running the car parks are met by the residents that use them.
During the summer in 2020 the council’s Cabinet agreed to a number of options for the new parking order for car parks across the district.
You can view the options that were considered at Cabinet in the Cabinet report from August.
You can find full details of the proposals and more information, including maps of the car parks below:
- Order to be revoked – Vale main order
- Order to be revoked – Rye Farm and Hales Meadow Parking Order 2012
- Car park schedule 2021 Abingdon, Wantage and Faringdon
- Car park schedule 2021 Rye Farm and Hales Meadow
- Proposed order 2021 Abingdon, Wantage and Faringdon
- Proposed order 2021 Rye Farm and Hales Meadow
- Notice of proposal Rye Farm and Hales Meadow
- VWHDC Notice of Proposal
- Statement of Reasons – Vale
- Statement of Reasons – Rye Farm and Hales Meadow
- Rye Farm and Hales Meadow plans
- Vale Car Park Plans (Map)
- West St Helen Street Abingdon (Map)