Skip to content

Submit a Building Control application

Please click here to make an online building control application.

Alternatively you may wish to download an application form below and email it to

Please do not send us paper copy applications, paper representations/comments, cheques or cash as they may not get processed.

When submitting a building notice please provide: –

  • A site plan to a scale of not less than 1:1250

When submitting a full plans application please provide: –

  • A site plan to a scale of not less than 1:1250
  • Existing floor layouts and elevations
  • Proposed floor layouts, elevations and section drawings
  • A detailed construction specification clearly indicating how the works will satisfy the relevant requirements of The Regulations.
  • A copy of the structural engineer’s design and supporting structural calculations (where relevant).

When submitting a regularisation please provide: –

  • A plan of the works that have been done and how the layout was before the works
  • Provide additional plans or details showing how you will bring the works up to the building regulation standards in force at the time if required

When submitting a reversion please provide: –

  • Any plans/ drawings or specifications
  • Structural engineers design and associated structural calculations
  • Photographs of the works in progress
  • Water Authority consultation where a build over agreement was necessary
  • Fire Service consultation where works were subject to The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
  • Site Inspection records

When submitting a demolition notice please provide: –

  • Site plan showing building or plot
  • Location plan of site in local area (scale not less than 1:1250)
  • Plan showing adjacent and opposite properties and those in close proximity (within approx. 150m)
  • Method statement

PLEASE NOTE: Our fees have been adjusted as of the 01 April 2021 and we will no longer be publishing a copy on the website. A copy of the charging scheme can requested by contacting our office, or please contact us for a quotation.

Contact us - Building control

01235 422700
(Text phone users add 18001 before dialing)

Vale of White Horse District Council
135 Eastern Avenue
Milton Park
OX14 4SB