Skip to content

Bulky waste collections

Unfortunately, we are currently not taking bookings for bulky waste. Please check back soon for more details on when the service will resume.

In the meantime, here’s some information about alternative services you could try if you are looking to get rid of bulky:

Unwanted items in a good condition could be donated to charity

There are a number of charities that collect reusable furniture, electrical appliances and other household items around Oxfordshire. These include:

As of January 2021, large retailers of electrical items will begin accepting small electrical items in-store to recycle on an exchange basis regardless of brand or condition. If you are planning on replacing a small electrical item please consider checking with the retailer to see if they are participating in this scheme

Taking waste to the tips (Household waste recycling centres)

See Oxfordshire County Council’s website to see where the tips are and what they will accept.

Waste removal by someone other than the council

If you pay someone to remove rubbish from your property and it’s then fly-tipped (dumped on land rather than properly disposed of) you could be prosecuted.
The legal responsibility is on you to check that they are legally allowed to dispose of waste.  You could be prosecuted if someone who is not a registered waste carrier fly-tips your waste. 

  • Check they are a registered waste carrier – visit  or call 03708 506 506
  • Get a written receipt/transfer note showing their contact details, a description of your waste, and details of where they are taking it
  • Note down the make, colour and registration number of the vehicle that’s taking your waste away

Contact us - Biffa

03000 610610
(Text phone users add 18001 before dialing)

c/o Vale of White Horse District Council
Abbey House
Abbey Close
OX14 3JE