Your food caddy
Your food is collected every week. Use your small kitchen caddy to collect your food waste each day and then transfer them into the larger food recycling bin which we’ll empty each week.
What can I put in my food recycling bin?
All your raw and cooked food waste such as leftovers and spoilt food, and including:
- meat and fish – raw and cooked including bones
- all dairy products such as cheese and eggs
- raw and cooked vegetables and fruit
- bread, cakes and pastries
- rice, pasta and beans
- uneaten food from your plates and dishes
- tea bags and coffee grounds
- cooking oil, lard and fats (can be placed in a plastic bottle inside the caddy please see below)
Lining your food recycling bin
Food waste for recycling can be put into your food waste bin loose, wrapped in a couple of sheets of newspaper, or in plastic (e.g carrier bags, pedal bin liners, bread bags) or compostable liners . Please do not use black bags.
We can now collect cooking oil placed in a plastic bottle (no bigger than 1 litre) from inside your food waste caddy. We will only collect from plastic bottles and will not accept oil in glass bottles/jars or any other container.
Please don’t put food packaging into your kitchen caddy!
Please don’t put any food packaging (including compostable packaging) into the caddy, unless it’s being used as a liner. The packaging won’t break down properly in our facility that deals with food waste and could spoil the fertiliser produced during this process. To find out more, visit our page on What happens to – your food waste.