Local Plan 2031 Part 2: Examination
Vale of White Horse District Council submitted the Local Plan 2031 Part 2: Detailed Policies and Additional Sites to the Secretary of State on Friday 23 February 2018 for independent examination.
Local Plan 2031 Part 2 Examination timetable
- Local Plan Submission for Examination 23 February 2018
- Deadline for Participation Request 12 June 2018
- Deadline for Reciept of Written Statements 12 June 2018
- Hearing start date 3 July 2018
The following documents were prepared for the submission of the Part 2 plan:
Planning Inspector Mr David Reed BSc DipTP DMS MRTPI has been appointed to undertake an independent examination into the soundness of Vale of White Horse Local Plan.
The Inspector's task is to consider the soundness of the submitted Plan, based on the criteria set out in paragraph 182 of the National Planning Policy Framework (the Framework). The relevant soundness criteria are whether the Local Plan is:
- positively prepared (based on a strategy that seeks to meet objectively assessed development and infrastructure requirements, including unmet requirements from neighbouring authorities where it is reasonable to do so and consistent with achieving sustainable development);
- justified (the most appropriate strategy when considered against the reasonable alternatives, based on proportionate evidence);
- effective (the plan should be deliverable over its period and based on effective joint working on cross-boundary strategic priorities); and
- consistent with national policy (the plan should enable the delivery of sustainable development in accordance with the policies in the Framework).
The Inspector will take account the representations submitted upon the Local Plan at Regulation 19 stage as far as they relate to soundness considerations. A number of informal debates will take place on the principal matters identified by the Inspector these are termed Hearing Sessions.
Following the closure of the Examination, the inspector, Mr David Reed BSc DipTP DMS MRTPI, will prepare a report to the District Council with precise recommendations, these recommendations may include modifications to the Local Plan, if such a request is made by the District Council.
A has been prepared by the Inspector to help people understand the process. Any queries people may have regarding the Examination process should be directed to the Programme Officer who will be happy to assist.
Occasionally, it will be necessary for the Inspector to write to the Council to offer procedural direction or to seek information.
Correspondence between the Inspector and the Council is exchanged through the Programme Officer. For transparency and information purposes procedural correspondence from the Inspector is published below:
The Programme Officer
The Programme Officer, Ian Kemp, will act as the contact for any person who has an interest in the Examination and as a liaison between the Inspector, District Council and Representors.
He is an independent Officer of the Examination and works on behalf of the Inspector to organise and manage the administrative and procedural matters of the Examination process. Mr Kemp is the appropriate point of contact for any questions relating to timetabling or procedural matters. As specified within the guidance note, all statements must be submitted to the programme officer.
Any matters that anyone wishes to raise with the Inspector should be submitted via the Programme Officer.
Ian Kemp, 16 Cross Furlong, Wychbold, Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire, WR9 7TA
Telephone: 01527 861 711
Mobile: 0772 300 9166
Hearing Sessions Venue and Timetable
Hearing Sessions will commence on Tuesday 3rd of July within the Advanced Skills Centre of Abingdon and Witney College, Abingdon Campus, Wootton Road, Abingdon, OX14 1GG.
The Hearings are due to take place over a three week period, the first two weeks will be held within Abingdon College with the third week taking place at the Beacon Centre, Portway, Wantage, OX12 9BX.
In response to the Inspector's Matters and Questions the following written statements were received and are available to view and access through the link below:
The representations submitted as part of the Local Plan 2031 Part 2 Publication Period can be accessed here:
- View comments (Folder 018 REP Reg 19 consultation responses)
The Vale of White Horse Local Plan 2031 Part 2 and accompanying documents are available for inspection at the Council Offices, 135 Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon, OX14 4SB, weekdays from 8:30am until 5.00pm (4.30pm Fridays), and at local libraries across the district.
Evidence Base Documents
In preparing the Local Plan the District Council both refer to and were informed by a number of documents that together form the 'Evidence Base' for the Examination. These documents can be accessed through the link below.
- Examination Library
- (please note this is updated regularly, so please ensure you have downloaded the most recent version)
Last reviewed: 21 - 06 - 2018