Please Note we have revised out validation checklist requirements, it is important that you take note of these because your application will be assessed against these new requirements and invalidated if the required detail is not provided.
Depending on the type of application being submitted, different documents and plans will need to be submitted to make your application valid. If these documents are not submitted we will not be able to consider your application. We check each application against a list of required documents, referred to as ‘Validation Checklist and Validation Guide’. You will be required to submit a completed copy of the validation checklist with your application. This demonstrates to us that you have considered the possible need and requirement to provide those documents detailed on the list. If the correct documents are not provided, your application is unlikely to be validated and will be returned to you for re-submission.
These validation requirements have been the subject of a public consultation exercise and were adopted in accordance with guidance set out in the National Planning Policy Guidance (NPPG) on 21 December 2022. The consultation report can be accessed here alongside the relevant appendices.
For details of what you need to submit, please select the type of application you wish to submit from the list below. For more guidance on the document or plan detail being requested, please refer to the Validation Guidance document here.
Please note that validation is the process undertaken by the Council to check that planning applications are complete at the point of submission and include all relevant supporting information. Validation is concerned only with whether applications have been correctly made, it is assessing the acceptability of a planning proposal at this preliminary stage.
Access and download the Validation Guide.
Planning Application Checklists
Select the type of application to access and download the information
- Advertisement Application
- Certificate of Lawfulness (proposed)
- Certificate of Lawfulness (existing use)
- Full Planning Application (Major) – this should also be used for applications for technical details consent
- Full Planning Application (Minor) – this should also be used for applications for technical details consent
- Householder Applications
- Applications to approve details reserved by condition (discharge of conditions)
- Listed Building Consent
- Heritage Statement template
- Contaminated land questionnaire
- Contaminated land guidance note
- Outline Planning Applications (Major)
- Outline Planning Applications (Minor)
- Application for approval of reserved matters following outline approval
- Applications for a hedgerow removal notice
- Application for removal or variation of a condition following grant of planning permission
- Application for permission in principle
- Application for non-material amendment