The grey bin
Your grey bin is for non-recyclable items. There shouldn't be much left after you have recycled your food waste and all the items that go in your green bin. Things that can go in your grey bin include:
- cling film
- crisp packets
- sanitary products
- cat litter
- VHS tapes/cassettes
- bagged domestic animal faeces
Please do not put the following in your grey dustbin
- large items i.e. furniture
- electrical items
- garden waste
- hot ash (can go in the grey bin once cooled)
- gas canisters and helium bottles
- building waste – e.g. plasterboard, fibreglass, tiles.
These can all be taken to the.
If you can't use up spare paint or give it away, the best way to dispose of it is to add sawdust, sand or soil to the tin and leave the lid off until the paint becomes solid and dry. You can then put it in your grey bin.
Please wrap this in newspaper and put it in your grey bin.
Last reviewed: 12 - 07 - 2016